Next deadline: September 1, 2018, 6pm EST
for residencies beginning October 1, 2018
Electronic submissions only, no exceptions.
- Only current legal US residents may apply (Social Security Number is a must!)
- Students enrolled in any kind of degree program at the time of the residency are not eligible
- Keyholder Residencies are limited to emerging artists only. The Printshop defines emerging artists as under-recognized and under-represented artists at early stages in their careers
- Artists without access to a studio space are encouraged to apply
- Past recipients of the Keyholder Residency are not eligible
- Artist duos or teams are not eligible; residencies are awarded per artist
- Artist must reside in the New York metro area during the year of residency
- Up to 8 digital images of recent (past 2 years) work *
- Image list: your name, work title, year, medium, and dimensions
- Application form
- Artistic resume
- Names and contact information for two references
* Images should be JPEG format, longest dimension maximum 1,000 pixels, RGB color mode. Title each image as “Last Name_First Name_#” (ex. Smith_Pat_01.jpg). The panel will only consider still images, no video. Images will be projected from a Mac computer.
Materials must be submitted by 6PM EST on the deadline date, no exceptions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone and/or email inquiries about the status of your application, please. All applicants will be notified of the panel’s decision by email before the residency start date.
The Printshop does not provide housing assistance.